Pricing & Timings
1. What are the ticket rates for Water Kingdom and combined tickets?
- EW: Adult is ₹ 999/- & Child is ₹ 699/-
- Combined rate (EW+WK) Adult is @ ₹ 1299/- Child is @ ₹ 899/-
- Passport Next : Adult is @ ₹ 1599/- & Child is @ ₹ 1299 /-
- Senior citizen @ ₹ 399 /-
- Combined rate Senior citizen @ ₹ 599/-
2. What are the timings of Water Kingdom?
- Season 10.00 AM TO 8.30 PM (Weekdays)
- Season 10.00 AM TO 9.30 PM (Weekends)
- Non Season 10.00 AM. To 7.00 PM
Route to reach
1. What is the route to reach parks?
Borivali Station – From Borivali Station west take Bus no.294 to Gorai Creek and from Gorai creek our ferries are available that will drop you to the park (Ferry charges ₹ 50/- per person to & fro)
Malad Station – From Malad Station West, take Bus No. 272 to Malad Marve, from Malad Marve our ferries are available, Ferry charges ₹ 50/- per person to & fro.
Bhayandar – MBMT Bus no. 4
By Road from Mumbai: Take Western Express Highway (WEH), turn left to Kashimira and drive down to Mira-Bhayander road. Our signages will guide you to reach the park. It will take around 30-45 minutes from Kashimira.
By Road from Gujarat: Take National Highway 8 till fountain junction then, turn right to Kashimira and drive down to Mira-Bhayander road. Our signages will guide you to reach the park. It will take around 30-45 minutes from Kashimira.
Costumes related FAQ's
1. There is no dress code (costume) in other parks? Why is it here?
Sir/Madam, as per our knowledge all the well-known parks of the world do have dress code. This dress code is only compulsory for people entering water to enjoy rides, keeping all factors of personal safety in mind we insist people to wear nylon/lycra swim wear only. People moving around and not entering water need not change. Some people say they will not enter slides or any of the rides and therefore they should be allowed with cotton wear. Guest generally say like this but our experience say that once they enter the park they are tempted to enter each and every ride and then they don’t get entry on various slides. At this juncture they keep on arguing with the life guards who are responsible for the safety of the guests but can’t ensure it if the guest is not in proper costumes. The park is so big that the guest doesn’t feel like walking down to changing room, open locker again pay the costume and go back to the ride again this also spoils their happy and joyous mood.
2. Why cotton T-shirt or shorts are not allowed inside the park?
People who do not wish to enter water dress code is not necessary. But for people who wish to enter water a nylon/lycra swimming costume are compulsory, because if cotton costume are worn it soaks water and becomes heavier and gets clogged, there by obstructing the movement of the person in the slides or other rides. It also reduces your speed in the slides because of the added friction and the guest coming from behind may hurt you in your back. Cotton material even damages our slide and rides thus cotton material in not advisable.
3. Can I wear Nylon salwar kameez?
No madam! We have a strict policy of swimming costumes being compulsory in water rides due to safety reasons, and salwar kameez in not a swimming costume. We object on its loose fitting which affects your sliding speed and safety; it also damages the smooth surface of our slide. These are a few reasons for not allowing loose fitting outfits of nylon/lycra.
4. I am allergic to synthetic material and so I will not wear costumes?
Sir, We will advice you to wear Nylon/Lycra swim costume for your safety while enjoying various rides. The material of the costume affects your sliding speed and pattern and thus your safety. You can put on nylon costume over your normal T-shirt & Tights, We have a strict policy of swimming costumes being compulsory in water rides due to safety reasons, and our press advertisements speak about nylon/lycra swimwear. We have even placed signages outside all ticketing counters at Water Kingdom regarding the same.
5. Entry ticket should include everything?
Locker are not compulsory, so how can we charge for it in advance also costume being compulsory, some of our guests bring their own costumes. How can we charge them? The costumes are of different type and therefore different rates, unless the guest chooses his liking how will we charge for that.
6. All over the world synthetic is allowed? Why not here?
Synthetic (Nylon /Lycra material) is allowed here also. Terrycot is not allowed as it has Terylene cotton. This material is not safe while enjoying the rides.
7. Do I carry towel upstairs?
Yes Sir, you can, but you can’t enter water anywhere with towels.
Lockers & baggage FAQ's
1. Locker system is to make money!
Sir/Madam, We don’t think so, because it is provided for safety of your belongings. We provide stainless steel lockers with easy to operate locking system and easy to carry key and are safe with state of art-technology. We have options to suit individual needs.
2. Can you explain your locker facility?
We have Single time use & Multi Operation Lockers.
Multi operational locker can be opened and closed as many times you wish with the key provided to you. These are internationally acclaimed locker system, which are safe. We have total 2663 lockers out of those 805 numbers of lockers in Ladies changing room & 1858 number of lockers in Gents changing room.
3. Should we carry shoes or shall we keep them in lockers?
It is always advisable to keep shoes at the shoe rack. We charge a very nominal. We have shoe rack at both gents as well as ladies changing rooms.
4. How many lockers do you have for the handicap at Water Kingdom?
We have 7 handicap lockers in the gents changing rooms and 2 in the ladies changing rooms. These lockers are placed in the middle row for easy access.
5. Where should we keep the locker keys?
Sir/Madam, after you have closed the locker the key remains with you, these keys have specially designed wrist bands attached to the key which you can easily put in your hand and move around. We do not have duplicate key the only one which we have is handed over to you.
6. Do you have facility for bigger baggage that could not be fitted in to your lockers?
We have a special baggage counter situated at gents changing room and we open the same at ladies changing room as well during peak season. We charge ₹ 35 per bag.
7. How many Wheel chairs do you have at Water Kingdom? How much rent do you charge?
We have 6 wheel chairs in gents changing room and 3 in ladies changing room, we do not charge any rent for it but we take a refundable deposit of ₹ 100, this is to ensure that the wheel chair is brought back to its place in proper condition.
1. How many thrill rides are there at Water Kingdom?
- For adults: Rushin Gushing/ Humunga Kowabunga/ Bobble-Boogie/ Raffia Fafia/ Black Demon/ Elephant Safari/ Serpent Safari/ What-a-Coaster/ Rock 'n' Rock Safari.
- For children: Turbo Thriller/ Turbo Wurbo/ Tangy Wangy/ Turbo Terminator/ Lemon Drops/ Juicy Jammer.
- For Family: Jungle Beach/ Bay Watch Tower/ Gang-A-Fall/ Coco Beach/ Drifting River/ Aquadrome/ Mama-Miya/ Goofers Lagoon/ Zoomroo.
2. What precautions are required to enjoy rides?
All guests are required to follow instructions given by lifeguards for better enjoyment and safety reasons. Anybody with any type of physical and medical limitation is strongly advised not to use the slides. Guests are also requested to read the signage regarding medical limitation before boarding any rides.
3. Why your slides do not end up in a pool?
Our slides ending in a splash pool would have been an easier concept to embrace. Instead, we have chosen what you saw at Water Kingdom. Our slides end in a run-out, which is internationally known as ‘Sofa landing’. Sofa landing is considered by experts to be safer especially in a country like India where not too many people even know swimming.
4. Why can’t my child go on to an Adult slide like Rapid River?
Safety of our guest is our top-most priority and hence it is imperative to follow the safety guidelines.
5. After hiring T-shirt from you, still we are not satisfied by your slide?
You will agree with me that T shirt is not a swimming costume, but we are compelled to provide nylon/lycra T shirts considering the apprehensions shown by Indian families and ladies towards standard swimming costumes, which are skin tight and sleeve less with least coverage on the body. The slides are imported and are designed as per standard costume available internationally. Now you will agree that the friction caused by the T-shirt is much more compared to skin tight, sleeve less costume and so the sliding speed is affected. Sir, this problem is not felt by the gents who wear swimming trunk you can check for yourself. We do provide standard pattern of swimming costumes and if you use them you will not face any problem in sliding.
1. Do you have separate ticket for watcher and people who would enjoy rides? If not then why?
- It is because too many watchers then come into the park and indiscriminately use facilities like water, toilets, etc.
- Park becomes too crowded.
- And thus people who want to enjoy rides specially miss out.
2. Do you have any lost & Found Inquiry system?
Yes, At Water Kingdom Reception.
3. Can you give a few tips to enjoy Water Kingdom?
- To enter the water, Nylon / Lycra costumes are compulsory
- Gents: Nylon / Lycra shorts or cycling tights
- Ladies: Nylon / Lycra swimwear (Full / Half tights and T-shirts, T-shirts without collar, button or any metal objects)
- Remove jewelry and watches before entering rides
- Costume available on hire/ purchase
- Keep your belongings in special lockers
- Use waterproof pouches to put your money in. You may need to buy eatables later
- Protect your skin from sunburn with suntan lotion / sunscreen.
- In case of cuts or bruises visit our first aid points
- To avoid over-exertion drink plenty of fluids and rest periodically
- Re-entry on same ticket in the park is not permitted
- Out side food / Alcoholic drinks strictly prohibited except infant food e.g. cereals & milk
- Always children should be supervised by their parents all the time
4. Is knowledge of swimming required to enjoy Water Kingdom?
No knowledge of swimming is required to enjoy Water Kingdom as all are fun pools.
5. How do we go after changing and where will we meet as you have different changing rooms for gents and ladies?
All guests must take a shower before entering the ride area, this is essential. After that you will meet at a common point outside both the changing rooms known as meeting point.
6. What are the facilities, which are available at Water Kingdom?
- Swimwear available at our Merchandise outlet (FAB 5) for hire / purchase
- Multiple use lockers
- World class hygiene standards
- Hi-Tec filtration plant
- Separate cloak and shower rooms for ladies and gents
- All toilets, showers are sensor based as water is a precious commodity
- Ample wash basins (sensor based) and both western and Indian style toilets as per your comfort
7. Are there any special instructions regarding personal hygiene & safety?
No footwear is allowed in the rides. Spitting, spouting and discharge of body wastes in the water rides is strictly prohibited.
8. Why are metal objects and ornaments not allowed in the rides?
Metal objects such as jewellery, spectacles, watches are not allowed because of safety reasons, as wearing of ornaments would create sharp scratches on the smooth surface of the slides making it unsafe for use.
9. You have PCO & STD Facilities?
We do not have P.C.O inside the park. (For emergency we can provide call from EPBX system from entry office area.)
10. How many ticketing counters are there at Water Kingdom?
We have 6 Ticketing counters at Water Kingdom.
11. Why don’t you provide hot showers during winter and rainy season?
Taking hot showers in the rainy seasons or winters before entering cold water are harmful to human body. We hope you will agree to this. As such it will give you cold, cough and other related problems. Also it is harmful to take hot showers immediately after spending leisurely time in the cold waters. It is medically safe to take hot showers after the body temperature comes back to the normal.
1. Is there any discount scheme for group bookings and school children etc?
We run various schemes at our park to suit every pocket and it is also displayed outside all ticketing counters, so that our guests can decide before purchasing the tickets. We also have our uniformed colleagues moving around at the ticketing area who would be more than happy to guide our guests.
Water related questions
1. Is water, which is used at Water Kingdom hygienic?
Yes, the water, which is used at Water Kingdom, is hygienic because the water is purified after every 90 mins. We have 23 Sand Filters (18 big & 5 Small) working round the clock to keep the water filtered and hygienic.
2. Why don't you keep sweet water?
This park is planned like what it is now using saline water (Which is taken from bore-wells, purified and disinfected on continuous basis) we propose benefits of Aqua-therapy (Good uses of salts available in the saline water for our skin, relaxation and other medical benefits). This aqua-therapy is extensively used in the west.
Food & Beverage
1. What food outlets do you have at Water Kingdom?
- Food Wharf for Burgers, Rolls, Wraps, Biriyanis (Veg).
- Taipan for Chinese.
- Hunger Thrill for Gujarati Thali, chaat, & fast food items.
- Lots of food kiosks to suit various taste buds.
2. You have any Beer bar in WK?
Yes in WK Taipan Chinese restaurant.
3. Any nearest staying facilities?
Yes, there are many Hotels available at Gorai / Manori & Uttan.
1. How many ferries do you have?
2. Can we use the same EsselWorld ferry to go to Water Kingdom?
3. What is the rate for ferry ticket and is it a return ticket?
The charges are ₹ 50/- per person and yes it is a return ticket.
4. Why there is no half-ferry ticket rate for kids?
There are no full & half charges for ferry tickets. It's a flat rate applicable to all, who are above 3' 3''.
5. How much time it takes to reach EW/ WK from Borivali side jetty?
12 - 15 mins if there’s high tide & 15- 20 mins if its low tides.
6. What is the frequency of ferries?
Every 20 mins from / for Gorai & 30 mins from / for Marve.
7. Why there is a difference in frequency of Gorai & Marve ferries?
- Distance is the main reason as marve takes 01 hr for to & fro journey, whereas, Gorai takes 35-40 mts for a return trip.
- More guests come from Borivali hence more ferries are deployed there.
8. When is your last ferry?
We have ferries operational till last guest’s leave the park.
9. Can we use the same ticket for Marve also?
10. Are these ferries SAFE? What is the capacity of this ferry?
Yes! We do all prescribed periodic maintenance and upkeep our ferries. Also experienced & qualified crew is operating these ferries.
Capacity- answer depends on ferry to ferry.
11. Why don’t you include ferry charges with ticket charges and give it at ferry counter itself?
There are different authorities to govern, example for entrance ticket, entertainment authorities are involved whereas for ferry, maritime authorities are involved.